The first step to reducing belly fat is to introduce yourself to a proper healthy diet – and that includes cutting out sugary drinks that are filled with empty calories. So instead of reaching for a soda, or an energy drink instead opt for: green tea, cinnamon, and honey, black coffee, iced water, or a pineapple smoothie.
The idea here is to not fill up on empty calories, and instead, take advantage of some of the nutrient and antioxidant-rich properties these drinks have to offer. These drinks are by no means a magic elixir to weight loss, but if you pair them with your new healthy diet they can definitely help you reach your weight loss goals.
1. Green tea
- This tea is amazing for your health by doing everything from purifying to body to protecting it from cancer and enhancing skin health.
- And when it comes to weight loss the Calorie Bee says while it hasn’t been proven to help you lose weight, the amazing antioxidants and its heart-healthy benefits mean it’s going to be a great option to reach for instead of a soda.
2. Cinnamon & honey
- In a glass of cool water, mix a spoonful of honey and a half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- The India Times says if you add the ingredients to hot water it sucks out the nutrients – so enjoy this cool drink with a splash of lemon or lime and it should help the fat burning process.
- This is a great sugary iced tea alternative.
3. Black coffee
- Boost your metabolism with black coffee. Ditch the unnecessary sugar and cream and be prepared to give your body an infusion of energy and thermogenesis – a stimulant for metabolism – according to the India Times.
4. Ice water
- This is the ultimate drink for a healthy diet! While this may seem like a simple choice, iced water has some amazing benefits that are necessary for anyone looking to get their health back on track, or lose weight.
- According to Calorie Bee, there’s a theory that when you drink cold water your body needs to burn more calories in order to digest it into your system.
- Granted – you would need to drink a lot of water for this to happen – but there are other good reasons to grab a glass of water instead of a soft drink:
– Drinking water is the best way to keep your body hydrated
– Drinking water before a meal can help you feel more full
– Instead of reaching for a snack, have a glass of water. Sometimes you’re thirsty, not hungry, and you don’t realize it.
5. Pineapple smoothie
- Pineapples are packed with vitamin c and a component called bromelain that India
- Times says can help with weight loss.
- Blend a fresh pineapple up in a smoothie with banana, ginger, and some coconut water for a naturally sweet and nutrient-rich drink that’s going to taste much better than any soda.